Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Washable slipcovers are great, but why in the world did we think off-white was a good idea?

I'm washing our IKEA Poang chair covers yet again today. Actually I soaked them all night, then had to wash them twice today. We must have checked our brains at the IKEA door when we chose off-white, or "natural" slipcovers. Ugh. I wash them at least once a month and they could use it more often. I seriously need to find some green fabric and make another set. Preferably a shade that will hide a multitude of dirt.

I'm also washing a bunch of bed linens and towels that are clean but have that packed-for-months-in-a-storage-container smell. We're hosting a couple and a family at the house in Santa Rosa next week so need to take all that with us tomorrow when we go to get the house ready.

I'm a veritable lavandería today.

On the Spanish front, I worked on a descriptive essay today. After lunch the hubby went over it with me and only had a few corrections. Of course, that's the way it usually is and when I get to class my tutor will have a lot more. But it does seem to be getting easier.

I've been picking roses to enjoy inside. I alternate between the yellow with pink edges or the fuschia, but sometimes pick both just 'cause I can! I noticed yesterday that we have a flourishing morning glory vine on the post out front, right by the road.

We've enjoyed four meals from the roast that hubby fixed in the crockpot the other day, and we'll get one more from it. My favorite was the roast beef sandwiches with horseradish sauce last night with a side of fresh french fries. Yum!

Well, back to the laundry and the packing. I'm trying to think of something for tomorrow, for Works For Me Wednesday, but fear I've bleached out all my good ideas along with the dirt from my slipcovers.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Yes - I love the off white look too, but it does show the dirt!

riTa Koch said...

I just bought some covers for sofa and love seat--cream color! Haven't opened the package yet...hmmm, second thoughts?

Would love to read your essay...and smell your roses!

Debbie said...

I put a white floor in my kitchen right after we moved in. Live and learn!

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

I'm all about the dark colors... to hide the dirt. out of sight, out of mind.