Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey
I'm joining the Thankful Thursday folks today. I feel the need to listen to Paul: "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8

Because I am in a negative rut and the best way to get out is "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative, don't mess with Mister In-Between" (and now my foot is tapping and I'm humming the tune).

1. We're finally getting some rain -- off and on to be sure -- after months of very little precipitation.

2. The rose bushes have gone beserk! We have dozens of blooms on about half of the 13 bushes in our yard. We're thoroughly enjoying the soft yellows and pinks and vibrant reds that surround us.

3. We had a wonderful time at the 100th anniversary of the GBC in Argentina this past weekend, being able to reconnect with lots of old friends.

4. My daughter will be here in 2 months and 2 days!!!

5. My son is doing better; his "wrist is healing, physical therapy is going well and [he's] adjusting to using digits that have no sense of touch."

Lots more I could list but I'll stick to the standard issue five :-)

This week I'm busy with those infrequent chores like cleaning out the refrigerator and organizing the pantry shelves, plus catching up on paperwork, meaning I don't have much time to get online. Hence the brevity of my posts and the fact that I haven't been getting around to read other blogs much and I'm not commenting as often when I do.

Would ask you to pray for a friend of ours: Julio is 78 and an aviation enthusiast (he has designed and built several planes). Anyway, he was hit by a propeller and underwent reconstructive surgery on one of his arms yesterday. This is in addition to the many, many stitches on his other arm and face. It could have been much worse, but it's still bad enough. The older we get, the longer it takes to heal. Pray for his wife, Magdalena as well. Thanks!

5 comments:

Jenny wren's nest said...

Hi Kim, a funny thing happened the other day, when I went to turn on the computer, and log on to the internet and your blog spot came up, how funny. I was being inpatiant and must have hit your button under favorites before I could see what was there. Now I am a follower.
The sunflower on my header was a volenteer from last years sunflowers, I just left it where it grew, and I am so thankful.

Jenny

Greg C said...

We are getting lots of rain too followed by some much needed cooler weather. God knew we needed them both. You can always find something to be positive about if you only look. Keep looking up. :)

Sarah said...

Oh, Congrats on your baby...how sweet! :)

And roses...so nice!

Precipitation, huh? We Iowans will share some with you! ;)

THANKS for being THANKFUL today...it's a good example to all of us!

Danae Hudson said...

Congratulations on your bundle on the way!! You have a wonderful list. :)

riTa Koch said...

Thanks for the reminder, Kim!
Here's my list:
1. My hardworking husband installing new tanks for our heating system.
2. That we can cast all our cares on Him who cares for us.
3. That our days, hours, minutes are ordered by God.
4. That He is always at work.
5. Daily encouragements.

Sorry not specific enough.