Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Random Dozen - The Chicken Edition

We all know about Lid's little obsession with chickens and now it has spilled over into R.D. 
It was only a matter of time.
I think most of us saw it coming, don't you?
Our obsessions have a way of making repeat appearances on our blogs.
I JEST but, please, I don't want anyone giving me a hard time about my obsession with laundry.
(I love it.)
Or food.
Especially food.
(I love it more.)

But not all foods were created equal. There's chocolate and cheese and potatoes and bacon...and then there's everything else. 

1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?
Not a fan of marshmallows except as filling in MoonPies:
Or in Coca Cola Marshmallow Cake. Both such southern delights!

2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?

Turn it over to the Lord and pray for His peace. 
Except when I'm around really nervous chickens and then I turn it over to the Lord and flee, putting Satan those chickens behind me. 
(I have childhood memories of being chased by chickens at my aunt and uncle's house which obviously traumatized me since, to this day, I cannot stand to be around chickens. I feel the same way about yappy little dogs with high pitched barks.)
 
3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains? 

Yes, although we don't have much in the way of Spring rains here; most of our rain is in the summer. And being in a temperate climate means we have flowers pretty much year round. My roses bloomed ten out of the last twelve months.
 
4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?

Mi familia. I could finally get that family portrait I've been wanting -- done as a tattoo.
 
5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?

Neither.
But if I had to have one or the other, I'd go with the tattoo. 
A cute little daisy on my shoulder.
The kind you find in bubble gum packages that you lick and stick on. 
 
6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?

None that I know of. Our church plant isn't really big enough to do much yet. I'm hoping that next year we might be able to have a sunrise service by the lake. I also really miss the Good Friday service we used to have in our home church and would love to do something along those lines in years to come. 
 
7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs? 

Another either/or question. 
Neither.
Just send the Godiva Easter box with
chocolate bunnies
and chocolate chicks
and chocolate eggs.
It's not that I'm anti-Cadbury or anti-Reeses.
I'm just pro-Godiva.
(or other really great chocolate)


8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?
The mountains. Oh, and Katie taking photos of the mountains.
 
9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?

I'm working on three right now:
A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle
 Her Father's Daughter by Gene Stratton-Porter
Murder at the Opera by Margaret Truman.  
My mood dictates what I feel like reading at any given moment. 
 
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning? 

Windows and gutters, tops of baseboards, and corners that have been hidden by the gray of winter. (Except now I have to keep my corners cleaned all the time since we rarely have a gray day.)
 
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?

None, Zippo, Nada, Zilch, Nein. No me gusta flip-flops. No me gusta nada entre los dedos de mis pies.
 
12. Which color makes you happiest? 

Yellow never fails to lift my spirits and make me feel that despite the circumstances, there's still hope. (I'm wearing a pair of yellow capris as I type this.) 

Which brings me back to the first question. About the yellow Easter peeps. It wouldn't seem like Easter if marshmallow Easter peeps didn't line the shelves in grocery stores, but am I the only one who thinks they're a little creepy? Now you see them not only in the grocery store, they're all over the internet. And not just on Lid's blog; they have a HUGE presence on youtube. Even I have to admit though, they're a talented bunch.

15 comments:

SusanD said...

The peep dance is awesome. They are very talented. Who knew??? lol Sorry you don't like anything between your toes. Flip-flops and great for a quick, slip-on. Easter Blessings, SusanD

Mary said...

Loved your answer to #5! Wish I had thought of that! :D

Betty W said...

No flip flops!?? A shocker! :)
I would love to see your roses! It´s usually too hot to grow them here.

Happy Easter!

riTa Koch said...

Liked # 11 and the crazy peeps :)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Always, always enjoy your answers, bring a smile to my face. Can't believe you do not own a pair of flip flops. Oh, well, I guess I own enough for both of us. Easter Blessings to you as we celebrate our resurrected Lord.

Robin Lambright said...

Love the peep video!!!!

Have a great Easter!

Blessings
R

The Bug said...

You are always such a hoot - thanks for making me smile today!

Mocha with Linda said...

LOL - I'd take Godiva, too! Although Dove is cheaper!

It's beyond my comprehension but there are all sorts of things on the Peeps website - including a fan club! Spare me!

Amy said...

Good chocolate makes me happy!! Loved your answers and the "peep show"...ha ha.

Sweet Tea said...

Pro-Godiva!
Now that's a causse I could get involved with. Love that!
Happy Easter and God's blessings!

2cats said...

I never thought of being Pro-Godiva but if your form a club I will join. It is my chocolate of choice.
Peeps creep me out, even the dancing variety.

Joyce said...

I'm a fan of good chocolate which people know if they read my blog. As you say our obsessions come up repeatedly in blogging : )

Jealous of roses 10 months a year!

Happy Easter!

Jerralea said...

I'm a fan of really good chocolate, too ... and yellow ...

Happy Easter!

tina in thailand said...

Kim,
Thanks for being a faithful reader even when I am not a faithful poster!
Just could not seem to find enough minutes strung together in the past, eek, month or so to put posts up!
I loved the peeps dance. I once stumbled across a website that was completely devoted to peep haiku. Silly!

Unknown said...

Great answers! I'm with you on the flip flops and reading more than one book at a time. Thanks for the smile.