Saturday, January 10, 2009

I spoke too soon yesterday...

...because today has been just as busy, if not busier than the rest of the week. I've sorted through more than a dozen boxes, washed three loads of laundry, fixed several meals, and worked on some computer stuff.

Since we ARE in South America though, it's been at a pretty relaxed pace ☺

I snapped some photos this morning so you could see what we see on our walks. It's so peaceful and beautiful in the early hours before floods of tourists pour onto the beaches and sidewalks and streets. Here's one photo and I'll post more tomorrow for Project 365.

Part of what I did on the computer today was open my own flickr account, to be tied to this blog. This needed to be done because I'm one of over 100 quilters participating in Project Improv. We'll be posting photos of our own projects as well as charity blocks that will be combined into quilts for charity. Each member of Project Improv will donate at least one log “cabinish” block, and those who are able will be getting together to piece the quilts together. [Obviously I'm a little too far away for that] Jackie of Canton Village Quilt Works and her friend Pam have offered to quilt the charity quilts on their longarms FOR FREE.

I'm REALLY excited about Project Improv because the last few years there's just been this passion to create freestyle, letting my imagination run wild. And since the whole point of this group is to IMPROVISE, it's a great fit! Each participant is asked to make at least one improvisational piece, with no restrictions except that it is to be improvised, not made from a pattern. We individually decide on the size, the scope, the fabrics, the style, and method of construction. Doesn't this sound like fun?! Woohoo!

Jacquie from Tallgrass Prairie Studio is hosting Project Improv. I've been following Jacquie's blog for a while and her work is so inspiring! And after seeing the blocks others are posting on the Project Improv flickr page, I can tell the inspiration meter will go sky high!

And now I must get back to the boxes. TTFN! (ta ta for now!)

No comments: