Sunday, January 4, 2009

Week 1, Project 365


This has been around for a while, and I loved the concept: a picture a day for a year. However, knowing how unreliable the internet is anywhere we travel here, I didn't think it would be practical for me to try.

But then I heard what Sara from Make Music From Your Heart To The Lord, Eph. 5:19 is suggesting: Posting a week's worth of pictures each Sunday. I think I can do that!

Since the year began in the middle of the week and today is January 4th, I'm just posting four pictures today. Remember, these were taken with the only camera we have right now, the one on my cell phone. So the quality isn't stellar (but then neither is my photography skill). Our camera did make it to Argentina but seems to be stuck in Buenos Aires with friends. Not sure how or when we'll get it.

I have mentioned a time or six that we have a peach tree. The hubby has spent hours (and I do mean HOURS) peeling and slicing. But we still have plenty on the tree. Here's proof. He does the hard labor and I get to play with the fruit, making cobblers and pies and other yummy treats. I posted the recipe for this peach cobbler yesterday and here's how mine looked, fresh out of the oven. It tasted SO GOOD with vanilla ice cream!

I couldn't wait any longer. It may be a month or more before we can get the study/sewing room set up and I have a NEED TO CREATE. So I set up my sewing machine on a folding table and just started playing with fabric. I've seen some wonky block quilts on a few websites and I just loved their playfulness. Here's one of the six blocks I've made so far.
And finally I'd like to share a rose from my yard with you. You can pretend I've given it to you in a bud vase ☺

9 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, so gorgeously beautiful. Adjectives aren't working here. The peaches especially.

Mari said...

I'm doing this too. I actually set up another blog just for these pictures. I figure it will be kind of like an online diary!

riTa Koch said...

Great photos, Kim!
I just sat down so I'm still working on getting this project started.
The number of pictures should not be too much of a stretch for me. Last year I have photo folders for 143 days out the 366.

SusanD said...

I signed up to do the 365 too and was looking thru some of the other blog pictures. Let me just say, WOW! Your cell phone takes amazing pictures. Can't wait to see what you do with a "real" camera. Blessings. Susan

PS Would LOVE some fresh peaches. There just isn't much "fresh" in southern Illinois this time of year.

RissaRoo said...

The peach! Lovely photo, I can just taste it now. We have peach trees, too...but where we live they are only ripe in July-August. Funny, just yesterday we opened a jar of canned peaches from our trees. They're good, but they make me miss the fresh ones! And thanks for the rose, it's in a bud vase in my mind. Another bit of summer I've been missing!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

That cobbler and the peaches make me miss summer already! Yuummmmm...

And the rose! Wow! Gorgeous.

And I love quilting too, although I've never actually quilted anything yet. :-) I have pieced together several blocks, but my sewing machine went out so I'm left with blocks. One day...

I enjoyed your pictures, thanks for sharing them!

Jessi said...

Great start to the "Project".

Yummmm, I love me a good peach. Especially when it's stuffed in a cobbler. ;-) I can smell it from here. And the roses are *still* blooming? Just how far South do you live?

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Your pictures were beautiful and the peach made me want one. Love the pis of the rose too. Great job.

shell said...

those peaches look AWESOME! thanks for leaving a sweet comment. I am excited to read your blog and learn more about your family!