1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.While I don't like insects of any kind, I am most afraid of SPIDERS. Because I don't want to traumatize visitors, this is photo-free response.
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?I'd like to say I always remember to use the fabric shopping bags I made...
...but that would be a lie. Too often I forget to put them back in the car right away so they're not there the next time we need bags.
Probably the greenest thing I do right now is use cloth napkins -- rather than continually going through reams and reams of paper napkins.
The greenest thing my husband does is compost.
There is no recycling system here.
As we think about the house we hope to build, we want to include a cistern to collect rain water which can be used for the toilets, washing machine, and watering the yard. We also want to install solar panels on the roof.
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.Missing a plane (which is sorta weird considering the following question).
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?No, but that doesn't stop me from having recurring dreams/nightmares about it!
Although there was the time we bought round-trip tickets with an overseas airline when we moved to Uganda for a year to fill in for missionaries on furlough. 9/11 happened while we were there and shortly thereafter that airline went belly up, leaving us with round trip tickets to nowhere. In the end, however, the airline that replaced it honored our return tickets as far as Brussels and we only had to pay for tickets from Europe to the U.S. (and you can always find cheap flights back and forth between those two places). So not exactly a missed flight, more like a missed airline.
5. What do you consider your best feature?It used to be my smooth, fresh complexion but middle age has brought splotches and a perpetual flush. My ear lobes are still in pretty good shape even if the rest of me sags or bulges.
6. What was the last concert you went to?A string quartet that played at the municipality last year.
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.The first time we visited a church after moving to Florida, our son (he'd just turned 3) looked at a woman (who would later become a good friend) and said, "Boy, are you fat!" If there'd been anything to crawl into or under, I would have done it! Thankfully she was gracious about it. Yes, we talked to our son after the fact and explained why that kind of comment was inappropriate. But that's a case of shutting the barn door after the cows were already out.
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?More of a hummer.
9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?I am honestly too tired to think through this question and come up with a coherent answer. Every attempt I've made in the last ten minutes to formulate a reply sounded ridiculous.
10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?I'll eat the last brownie in the pan.
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)Liberty Bell. Taco Bell gives me a tummy ache Every.Single.Time.
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?Yes. It's unusual but possible.
If you just can't get enough of the randomness, make sure to stop by Lid's place for additional aimless answers from all over the blogosphere.