I haven't had much time for blogging (writing or reading) lately and memes provide a quick and easy way to post. I'm sure y'all have experienced time constrains and blogger's block; both have been problems for me lately. Well, I've had some IDEAS for posts but not the time it would take to do them justice.
1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay? Not a lot of women can get away with this look, in my opinion. Most of us who are middle-aged don't really want to draw attention to our calves. That said, if you've got shapely legs then there's no reason not to wear kickin' shoes! Although I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning behind these:
2. What is your favorite pizza? Thin crust vegetarian.
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.] The radio from The Walton's:
I'd also love a painting that was in the Oval Office on West Wing. Couldn't find a photo of it, but I've always really, really liked it.
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for. We have a plethora of pizzerias and sandwich shops, since this is a tourist area, but not a lot of good restaurants. There is a parrilla style restaurant in Cordoba called La Corta that's well known for its asado (grilled meat). We've never been but several people have told us about it -- the kind of place you go for special occasions since it's rather pricey.
5. What is your current favorite snack? No Bakes when I crave chocolate and tortilla chips (with or without salsa) when I want something salty.
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
B. Biggest Loser -- I'd just take a jug of water from my house, drink it the first week and watch the pounds slide off :-) I've actually never seen this show but I understand the premise is to see who can lose the most weight.
I've also never seen Survivor and have no desire to, but I did enjoy last season of Dancing With The Stars when our boy Donny won!
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior? 7 or 8 since Ivan just had it cleaned a week ago.
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _my roses begin blooming again after being dormant for a couple of months_.
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is _trying to both understand and play a game [in Spanish or course] with the youth group the other night -- I think I'm forever branded as the crazy lady who can't keep the directions straight so I just shout out "No! No! No!" whenever it's my turn_.
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward. Being able to understand and play games in Spanish.
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week. Read this morning: an anonymous poem that Madeleine L'Engle included in her book, A Circle of Quiet:
...reiterating my belief that I need to work on being more succinct and not use SO MANY WORDS in my tendency to over-explain.
The written word
Should be clean as bone,
Clear as light,
Firm as stone.
Two words are not
As good as one.
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you. Cook their favorite foods.