I answered these Random Dozen questions while making No Bakes and banana bread for our English conversation group this morning. Sharing a computer has seriously cut into my writing/editing time so please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. I am OH SO HAPPY to report that the Apple store in Cordoba had the part in stock (a miracle!) and even now my Macbook is "in the shop" and hopefully will be fixed by the end of the week.
1. It's early morning, about 2:00AM, and you're driving home. You come to a red light and sit there. There is no one in sight for miles around. Do you wait it out or run the light? Wait. Besides it being the right thing to do, at 2 a.m. I would be virtually brain dead (WHY AM I OUT AND ABOUT AT 2 AM ANYWAY?!) and would not trust my judgment so I’d be extra careful about obeying the law.
2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything? Ummm, yeah, I wouldn’t have spent that ½ hour mindlessly looking at purple rose jewelry to go with the ‘interesting dress’ in yesterday’s post. Especially after Mari told me that fashion designing was probably not my calling in life. lol
3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? (Or email her) I usually go to the blog and comment UNLESS I’m going to be long-winded with my response. In which case I e-mail them.
4. Your favorite Disney movie is: Parent Trap (the original)
5. Do you recycle? There is not a recycling system in place where we live now but we do save plastic bottles for the guy who owns the hardware store we shop at; he uses them for various cleaning solutions he buys in bulk and then sells in smaller containers like the bottles. We also save glass jars for future canning projects since we cannot find canning jars. [I’m still kicking myself for giving away the dozens and dozens of jars I had in the U.S., rather than bringing them with us. But who would have thought they’d be so hard to come by?] And we save some of the other containers (especially ones with lids) for screws, nails and other assorted shop items; my husband likes for things to be sorted in the garage.
6. Games of strategy or games of chance? My favorite is Hand & Foot, a card game that’s sort of both, as are most of the games I enjoy (Scrabble, Boggle, Dominoes). There’s the element of chance but you have to play strategically too.
7. Do you have any recurring dreams? You definitely do not want to hear about those; I have very weird ones.
8. What did you learn from your first real job? I learned that skills are only part of the equation and ATTITUDE plays a huge part. I loved my first job! My boss was an amazing man from a well-to-do family in the northeast who spent his life traveling to places where there was a shortage of doctors (Africa, India). When I worked for him he was director of a small hospital in Appalachia, and he had a joy about life, about what he did -- even though the administrative part of his job wasn't his favorite and he much preferred to be in scrubs, dealing with patients (and it being such a small hospital he was able to do both). He collected games from around the world and when a friend would send him a new one, all work would stop while we figured out how the game worked.
9. Do you buy or borrow most books? When we lived in the U.S. I had three library cards :-) Now I have to buy all my books. *sigh* I miss the libraries and that access to lots of good FREE books!!!
10. What fashion trend of the past did you say you'd never wear again but did? Well, we all know what a fashionista I am. NOT! Hmmmm, when I was a kid and capris were popular (although we called them peddle pushers then – anyone know why?) I disliked them intensely. Back then I was really skinny – or scrawny as they say in the south – and it was not a good look on me. These days I appreciate their coverage and wear them all summer. Since I have vowed these legs will never don another pair of shorts, what will I do when capris go back out of style?!
11. When do you start Christmas shopping? I never stop. I’m ALWAYS on the lookout for good ideas for Christmas gifts.
12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion? I’m really not the jump-up-and-down kind of person.
I'd really love to stay and chat more but I have to run! My English conversation group awaits. Hasta luego!