Sunday, July 25, 2010

My baby girl is engaged!

Kyle proposed to Tina
...and she said yes!

And I've had this silly song stuck in my head all day...

We knew this was coming since Kyle's been corresponding with us via e-mail... and I have to admit, I've visited a wedding blog or eleven :)  I am SO shifting into Mother-of-the-Bride gear! lol  I'm pretty excited to be able to help my daughter in whatever way I can (considering the distance) prepare for her big day. And looking forward to heading north some weeks ahead (not sure how many) for more hands-on helping prior to the wedding.

So be prepared for a few some a shocking number wedding posts :) 

11 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

soooo, how did he propose? anything creative or nice and quietly :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

As a parent these are very exciting times. Congratulations!

Betty W said...

Congratulations Kim!! I admit, I´m jealous. Mother of the bride is something I strive to be.... :)
But I will live through your posts. :)

sara said...

congrats!!! that is so exciting!!!

why is she wearing the ring on her right hand?

when is the date?

Mari said...

Congratulations to all of you! I'm so excited!

Cristina Elizabeth said...

We took that photo on my MacBook so it reversed everything which makes it look like the ring is on my right hand :)

He proposed nice and quietly, a day earlier than he'd planned because he was worried that too many people knew and that I'd catch wind of it! He thought I had an idea, but I actually had no clue it was coming at all!!!

He proposed by driving out to Winona Lake (where mom and dad got engaged!) and asking me to read the email he had sent my parents (8 pages long!). Then he asked, and I said yes (all in the car because it was raining) and then I quizzed him to make sure he'd really gotten mom and dad's approval!

It was sweet and unexpected and wonderful and sooo exciting!

Oldfangled said...

Hooray! Congratulations!

SusanD said...

That's super exciting. Congrats to all. Blessings, SusanD

The Bug said...

Woot! That's just great - I can't wait to hear about the plans. Is it ok for us to tell you when you're being MOBzilla? :)

Pam said...

Awww..very sweet. Exciting days ahead! : )

Jennifer Buehrer said...

mmmmm.. I am so looking forward to "life as a mother of the bride" posts.