Sunday, July 4, 2010

Project 365, Week 27 -- HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

I'm afraid my 365 mojo is gone -- sooooo far behind with daily photos. I can't seem to get back into the groove of remembering to get the camera out and use it. Of course it helps if you go somewhere or do something, and I haven't been doing much of either lately.

However, I'm going to try and hang in there and this week we bring you Two Weeks In Only Six Pictures!

[If we pretend there's cool background music, will it seem like there's more?]

So, up first is a photo from Santa Rosa. The neighbor's horses kept coming over and leaning over to eat the bark off the limbs of fallen trees they could reach.
Monday, June 21st our co-workers brought out a group to help us stack wood and clean up the yard. What a fantastic job they did! "Charley" is one of my English students too. Don't you just love his smile?!
The guy who keeps an eye on the place for us called this morning to say the horses had gotten into the yard and knocked over all the wood the group had painstakingly stacked along the back of the house and eaten most of the bark from it. Is bark especially tasty?

Here's a final photo of the house from the corner of the lot, so you can see the nice new tank on top. Ivan will be building a wall around it, but that's a project for the future. We were just happy to get it installed this last time -- what a job!
No photos until the end of the week when we took a group to a concert in Cordoba.
A large church in Tampa has a youth orchestra, choir and drama team that travels and we got to see one of their performances in Cordoba.

Another group photo, this time from when Argentina played Greece and won! Wearing the colors proudly -- how do you like that fun hat one of the guys is wearing? Those were everywhere!
Obviously I don't have any similar photos from this weekend's game with Germany and subsequent exit from the World Cup. ¡QuĂ© triste!

Friday we were in Cordoba and I snapped this shot of a pizza place.
I've been up and down this street numerous times and had never noticed the tall man on the side of the building. Not sure if that says more about the poor execution of advertising on their part (since he's the same color as the building, he just blends in) or my lack of observation skills.

You know we have opposite seasons, but I have to tell you that today feels like summer. It's been in the 70s for several days running. We're sitting on the patio without even a sweater! Lovin' it! And yes, we are grilling :D  Not hamburgers or hotdogs, or even steaks, but we are grilling. Our lunch menu includes:
grilled bondiola (a cut of pork)
grilled Basque morzilla (blood sausage flavored with nuts and raisins)
grilled red peppers
gourmet potatoes 

Gourmet potatoes are a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. I simply add some chopped onion, shredded sharp cheese, sour cream, melted butter (quantities depend on amount of potatoes -- I'm going for a seasoned but not overpowering side dish) and bake until hot, bubbly and brown. A very yummy potato dish!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

12 comments:

Mari said...

I love Charley's smile and the tall guy on the building.
The potato's sound good. Enjoy your day! Happy Fourth to you too!

Skoots1moM said...

I'm afraid my 365 mojo is gone -- mine too!
Go somewhere or do something, and I haven't been doing much of either lately: me either.
love his smile?!...what a sweetie.

Eaten most of the bark from it: guess it must taste good...yuck. Horses can be SOOOO dumb.

New tank on top...great job!
Fun hats have been the rave around here too...world cup has been a bigger topic than normal.
Pizza place: how's their pizza? That building has some beautiful iron work and a neat facade...

70s for several days: We woke up to 64* today and very little humidity...heavenly!
Our humidity is come back tomorrow though...just in time for cutting grass, don't ya know.

grilled bondiola sounds good...not sure I could do blood sausage though. I'll be grilling pork ribs and shrimp later this p.m. We enjoyed a quick bacon/lettuce/tomato after church this morning ... we had a wonderfully patriotic service today...our choir was accompanied by brass, bagpipes and drums...gave us all chills...and one of our recent vets serving in Iraq spoke about his adventures while there. Not as many people as I would have expected but I imagine they're out enjoyed this fabulous weather...and I know several who were running our Peachtree Road Race this morning and then enjoying a celebratory brunch after finishing.

We were outside last night enjoying a friend's 50th birthday party-bbq...lots of sweet, christian friends and good weather like this made for a very blessed evening...fun converstation and catching up with some we had not seen in years.

Gourmet potatoes : sounds wonderful...think I'm going to roast mine while the pork grills.

JubiSista+, PRAYING you and Ivan enjoy your day...maybe one day we'll get to celebrate a day together :)

Tori said...

What a cute young man Charley is! I can't believe a horse would eat so much bark!! Maybe an apple is in order. :)
That big red man is funny. I would be curious how many others haven't noticed it.
Have a super week!!

riTa Koch said...

So glad you're still P365ing!
I like the horse photo and got a feel for wintery background.
Yeah for the tanque, and the group's help and Charley's smile!
Booh to the destructive caballos!
I wouldn't have seen the pizza man 'cause he's so tall.
Basque (?!) morcilla?! ¿Y eso?
Thanks for gourmet potato dish idea.

Betty W said...

Yes, we´ve been having very summery weather as well. Too summery, if you ask me....
The potato dish sounds good, I´ll have to try that, because I usually have left overs.
Hope you are enjoying your 4th of July celebration!

The Bug said...

I enjoyed peeking into your week - great pictures!

It's been in the 70s at Lake Erie too - perfect weather. Today is a lot hotter. I'm glad to be heading home tomorrow to my comfortable routine.

sara said...

you can get your mojo back!!!! I love seeing what you are doing in Argentina!!! maybe some food pictures!!! you haven't posted any recipes lately!

I am glad you are enjoying some nice weather...we are sweltering!!

Dena said...

Charley is a handsome young man with a great smile!

I'm sure there was much excitement there during the world cup. :)

I think it's poor advertising the way the man blends into the building. I probably wouldn't have ever noticed him either.

Rebecca Jo said...

That's so funny you didnt see that huge man on the building! That's the first thing I saw... isnt it crazy how we pass things daily that we just dont pay any attention too...

Debbie said...

Love that pizza place. I have some pizza dough rising right now!
And that potato recipe sounds wonderful. I can feed my crowd potatoes anytime and they are happy.

The Davidson Den said...

I had no idea horses would eat bark!

Isn't Charley a cutie?

Ha! That man on the pizza restaurant is so weird! You're right. Wonder why they made his clothing the same color as the building. Very strange.

Huh! I've heard of Gourmet Potatoes, but I never knew what they were exactly. Sounds easy and very practical.

Robin Lambright said...

Finally back home after a long and wonderful vacation.

Just trying to do some blog hopping and catching up with everyone!

I took over 1300 images over our trip and I even had dreams one night that I fell asleep with my camera around my neck. So I think I am good for a few days at least as far as my 365ing is concerned.

See ya around!
R