Monday, February 16, 2009

Squawk, squawk! It's a bird, it's a plane...no, it's a chicken!

Life is shifting into hyperspeed. I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off only because I don't have the energy. I'm finishing up the calendars, gathering the last of the items for crafts and for the ladies tea, thinking through what we still need to do on the house before our guests arrive, making list after list of things we still have to buy or do before conference in two weeks.

A lot of trips back and forth in the coming three weeks, to and from Santa Rosa, Bialet Masse, and Cordoba...a lot of running that has nothing to do with chickens, headless or otherwise.

Unless I decide to make chicken salad for the ladies tea.

It's hot, hot, hot this week and reminds me of a true chicken story.

A few years ago friends invited us over for dinner and it happened to be in the middle of a heat wave. They'd been raising a special breed of chicken that fatten up quickly, but also has a genetic predisposition to heart trouble -- which the heat exacerbated, so those birds were falling over left and right. At the time our friends didn't know what was killing the chickens and, concerned about possible disease, they buried them (dozens!) in a mass grave. The hubby helped with the burial.

Isn't that sad? All that perfectly good chicken dead and buried. *sigh*

Anyway.

A friend sent me this hilarious video that I simply have to share. You may have already seen it since it's had close to a million hits already in just a month. But if not, here for your entertainment I present Sistersalad with "Yo Comments Are Whack".

And you might want to check out more of the Sistersalad repertoire. They're hysterical!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I had not seen this. It is hysterical!