1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)Cursive; it’s quicker.
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?Definitely a realist. Married to a dreamer. We balance one another :-)
3. Billy Joel or Elton John?Billy Joel.
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plane.The Exorcist. Had nightmares for YEARS after that. Same with The Birds.
(so how many scary youtube videos are we going to watch today?!)
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?Being on a rural road in western Uganda, just across from the Congo, at night and coming across an obviously homemade roadblock of tree branches and other debris and then having men with large guns come out of the bush to surround the car. GULP! We’d been warned not to be out after dark in that area because guerillas from Congo (men, not animals) would make excursions across the border periodically. However the car had broken down not once, but THREE times, delaying us so there we were... Very thankful to find out the men with big guns were the local police who simply didn’t have money for uniforms. They looked us over quite well but, thankfully, didn't make us unload our packed-to-the-gills vehicle and after about 10 minutes let us proceed. It took me most of the trip back over the Rwenzori mountains for my heart to slow down!
6. What word do you misspell without fail?Consistently? None that I can think of.
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.Art and music.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?MOST DEFINITELY ALONE TIME.
9. Have you ever been on TV?Nope.
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)Apple. With vanilla ice cream, of course.
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?None right now. While living in the U.S. I had one a year, usually having to do with quilting. And I always read through Ivan's Fine Homebuilding magazines, too.
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?That I don’t have to always be in control but can rest in the knowledge that only God is in control. Oh.My.Word, this is a hard one!