Sunday, March 7, 2010

In Buenos Aires

Happy to report we had a good trip over on the ferry; not only did we take the shorter, one-hour ship but I also had fun shopping in the duty-free store where they had a variety of CHOCOLATE -- everything from a bag of mini Snickers to Godiva dark chocolate bars. We prefer dark chocolate but NOT the Godiva prices so I was happy to find a nice variety of Lindt. Have y'all ever tried their dark chocolate infused with hot chili pepper? Oh my, some of the best chocolate I've ever had. It has a little kick at the end that leaves your mouth all tingly and blissful. Finding really good chocolate made me want to do the happy dance.

We'd planned to travel on the ferry with our friends from Buenos Aires but there was no space for our car on the ship they were taking so we left on an earlier one. That gave us a chance to walk around the port area here while we waited for them. Since cruise ships stop here, the port has a lot of restaurants and quaint shops. There had also been a regatta or something so there were thirty really large sailing vessels in the harbor. I hate to call them "sailboats" because they were HUGE. As the sun set, many of the boats lit up with Christmas lights. So pretty! Our camera battery had died but I tried taking some photos with my cell phone.

Will be posting two weeks worth of Project 365 photos next week. We didn't bring all the cables we needed to transfer photos to the computer. 

I was able to catch up with e-mails this afternoon; the first chance I've had since Friday morning. We were saddened to get the news that a good friend's husband had passed away last night. He'd been battling cancer for over a year and had slipped into a coma two weeks ago. I wish I could be there to give my friend plenty of hugs in the coming days; I think she could use them.

9 comments:

Pam said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day and evening. The lit up boats sound beautiful. : ) And the chocolate sounds yummy too! : )

Mari said...

Sorry to hear about your friends husband.
The boats all lit up sound so pretty.
I've never had chili pepper chocolate, but will have to look for it!

Lhoyt said...

I'm sure it is even better now, but what they've done with the B.A. port (I saw it in 2000) is amazing. The old storage depots where they used to store the goods confiscated from people returning to Argentina from abroad and which were not only dirty, but depressing were turned into upscale restaurants boutiques, bijouteries and many other types of stores. Hope you find some you liked.

sara said...

so sorry about your friend, Kim.

I love chocolate with chili pepper...it is sooooo good!!!

Missed you today on P365 for looking forward to your pictures next week!!!

Skoots1moM said...

A ferry...fun!
duty-free...alright
Godiva dark, oh my :)
happy dance, for sure!
sailing vessels...they make great pictures :)
It's nice to have a computer break, too.
So sorry about your friend's loss...you don't worry about not being there now; God's timing is perfect and when you are able to visit her, she will need your hugs then, too :)

riTa Koch said...

Would that be David Plaster?

Robin Lambright said...

We will get double the fun when you get your pictures posted.

and so you won't be left hanging I just did a google search and here is what I found...

Chocolate Martini recipe
2 oz vodka
1/2 oz creme de cacao

Robin Lambright said...

And one day I am going to try the chocolate made with chili peppers, I have never had any!!!!!

Sound really good!

Have a great week!
R

Betty W said...

Sorry to hear about your friend passing away.
Sounds like your having a great time with your friends in B.A. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time there and can´t wait to see the pics.