A shout out to I Didn't Know That! for hosting this week's Random Dozen while Lid at 2nd Cup spends time with her friend in the hospital. Keep praying for Diane, her family and the GGs!
1. What is your favorite sign of
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day? Not an issue here.
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year? Okra
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant? Strawberries
5. What is your least favorite insect? ALL OF THEM
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand? DEFINITELY, especially after a nasty bout with water-born parasites when we first moved here. We now get filtered water delivered to the house twice a week; no special brand, I think they just take tap water and filter it really well. When we're out and about and order water, we take whatever they're selling. Most bottled water here comes from the province of Mendoza. One time Ivan accidentally grabbed a couple bottles of Perrier but put them back after they rang up three times what the local stuff costs.
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that? Refer back to the last question! I ended up losing forty pounds before it was over. We also spent a year in Uganda where the better hotels leave bottled water in your room for brushing your teeth -- so it's not even safe to rinse and spit! We got our drinking water from a new deep bore hole well near where we lived, and I still filtered that before we used it, just to be on the safe side.
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day? Three or four LARGE glasses. More during the drier seasons.
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share. Nope.
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)? Nope.
11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite? Not a big fan of either, although I do like western comedies. My favorite would probably be City Slickers.
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday? Can I just say the Southwest? I'd love to visit Texas, New Mexico, Arizona...
I fell really hard on my knees today on our cement patio. Would appreciate your prayers that I don't have long-term pain or problems -- I don't have time! LOL