Saturday, December 27, 2008

Just Another Day In Paradise

At least that's what I think the PARASITES are thinkin'. But I'm onto them, I know all about their little scheme to take over the world my body. It took me a while to wise up, to see the cyclical pattern of their attack. Now I'm on the counter-offensive and we'll just see who survives the pretty pink pills. hahahahaha (Okay, that's more hysterical than maniacal laughter but the parasites won't know that. Will they?)

We are nearing the end of a 13 day treatment for the little buggers, as well as being about due for another attack if the treatment isn't working. So we'll see who gets KO'd in this round. Because I'm confident of one thing. No matter who wins, the other will be back up and swinging in no time.

*sigh*

Feeling the need of comfort food, I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes for lunch (we eat the bigger meal at noon since who really wants to eat that much at nine or ten o'clock at night when dinner time rolls around?). I'm just as excited to have meatloaf sandwiches tomorrow with the leftovers :-) And the peach tree continues to drop its bounty so we continue to eat peaches. In yogurt, with chocolate cake, over ice cream...

Also have some spaghetti sauce simmering in the crockpot, on the floor next to my chair in the living room. I figured it was easier to bring the crockpot in here rather than disassemble my transformer-that's-hooked-up-to-my-Christmas-tree-lights to take into the kitchen. I like to keep the Christmas tree up as long as possible, at least until January 6th (Three King's Day).

We hauled all the things that had been stored in the back bedroom out to the dining room and the hubby is working on deep cleaning that floor. He's using ammonia to loosen up years of old wax build-up and a putty knife to scrape off the more resistant layers. A smelly and sweaty job! Proves once again, he's a keeper :-) I just hope the fumes don't impair his ability to slice and dice peaches.

I've read a few blogs whose owners have already finished their "I See What You're Saying" videos. I still haven't even figured out what to say. Am I the only procrastinator in B'ville? No doubt I'll be frantically taping take-after-retake the night before. Or the morning of.

I have sort of started preparing to think about it. You know what they say about the camera adding ten pounds? Well I conveniently invited a family of parasites to come over and help me lose some weight, plenty enough so I'd look thinner on camera.

And I figured if Queen B can have her hubby help her dye her hair, so can I. Only my hubby doesn't know up from down when it comes to hair dye, and I don't know enough Spanish to read the directions on my own. And between the two of us, it took half an hour before we realized we were looking at the BACK SIDE OF THE DIRECTIONS. I'm happy to report that once we read THE RIGHT SIDE, we did just fine. So a scrawny gray-haired woman won't be scaring the kiddies with her video.

Scrawny, no. The parasites may have taken off 25 pounds but there's still another 25 that needs to go. Not that I want to give them to the parasites, just sayin' there's more where that came from. And gray-haired no more thanks to L'Oreal and my hubby. Didn't I say he was a keeper?

4 comments:

riTa Koch said...

I didn't know you had gray hair! ;)
Hope you feel better real soon.
¡Adelante, a la victoria, hermana!

Robin Lambright said...

I concur with the above comment! I hope you feel better very son. The perils of the mission field, no doubt.
Totally jealous of your fresh peaches. They sound to yummy!
Blessings
Robin

Annette said...

Wow Kim!!!! 6000 miles away from your family. That's alooooong way! I live 8 1/2 hours away from mine and let me tell you it's hard. But I love where I live and God has been good.

Nice meeting you.

Chris said...

Hi Kim! I tried to leave a comment, but don't know if it took. Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog! If we are ever in Cordoba, we'll look you up! blessings, Chris and family