Well, not nothing. But not much. Tuesday has been a day for catching our breath and just relaxing. If you're following our vacation adventures, you'll know we're doing it in typical Hoyt style... which is to say, nothing is really going as planned.
Well, not that we actually planned anything...
Oh, let's just get on with the meme.
(But keep in mind I'm in vacation mode.)
1. When was the last time you craved a food--what was it, and did you cave? Didn't even realize I WAS craving it until I saw it in Carrefour... sitting there, alone, amidst the potato chips where someone had abandoned it: Pepperidge Farm MILANO COOKIES. Be still my heart! Honestly, my heart really did skip a couple beats. I totally ♡ these cookies and had not seen any in eighteen months. [That's around 550 days without Pepperidge Farm MILANO COOKIES, in case you're counting.] I am savoring each and every cookie and am sharing
2. M & M's or Skittles? Duh. M & M's, hands down. 'Cause they're CHOCOLATE. Skittles can't hold a candle to that kind of goodness (but I wouldn't turn Skittles down unless it was an either/or situation).
3. Have you ever read the Bible completely through? Yes. Going through it again now with the hubby, although our one-year plan has morphed into two years plus.
4. How long does it take you to really wake up in the morning? Depends on how well I've slept. After a good night with 6 or so hours of sleep it doesn't take too long, maybe 10-15 minutes. After one of my hormonal insomniac nights, I'm not sure I ever really wake up but rather float through the day in a sleep-deprived stupor. Have had a lot of those these past few years, and from what I've read on other blogs I'm not alone.
5. Have you ever been on a cruise? If not, would you like to? One mini cruise, just three days long. We're not cruise kind of people. But one of these years I'd love to fly to Alaska, take the train across, and then finish with a cruise. Everyone we've talked to who has done it absolutely raves about how wonderful it is.
6. Who is your favorite actress? Julia Roberts with Meryl Streep a close second.
7. ______ is something that I will just never understand. The way men communicate...
8. How much of a technology junkie are you? Not much, which is why I depend on my techie son when I run into problems.
9. Do you enjoy selecting greeting cards for people, or is it more of a cultural "have to" for you? I could -- and did -- spend excessive amounts of time picking out cards in the U.S. Since there is not much of a greeting card culture here and the selection is a tiny fraction of what I was used to, I haven't bought a single card in 18 months.
10. When was the last time you got a new style/haircut? New style in August, latest cut in mid-December. Yep, about time for a trim; gotta keep this short and spikey style short and spikey.
11. What do you enjoy shopping for most? Normally stuff for the house and books would run neck-and-neck in this race. But since I can't find books in English here, I'll go with stuff for the house.
12. What's the last thing you think of before you leave the house? Should I go to the bathroom one more time?
~~~~~~~~~~On this vacation we've encountered a new twist on conserving energy. Here's a clue. Can you figure out what it is?