Monday, January 14, 2008

First Online Quiz

After checking out Linda's most recent post over at 2nd Cup of Coffee, I just had to do the quiz. It was my first online quiz! Admittedly, a few of the statements were ill-worded (Is that a word?) and I had trouble rating them (options were on the continuum from strongly disagree to strongly agree).

For example, the statement: "Justification by faith alone is the heart of the Gospel" gave me pause. Because although I think justification is a result of the Gospel, it is not at the heart of it. Jesus is the heart of the Gospel. Without Jesus, the Good News would cease to be Good!

So I'm not sure the quiz accurately pegged my theology but it was fun :-) And, like Linda, I'm very Karl Barth-ish. I can think of much worse things to be!






Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Karl Barth

The daddy of 20th Century theology. You perceive liberal theology to be a disaster and so you insist that the revelation of Christ, not human experience, should be the starting point for all theology.


Karl Barth


93%

Anselm


73%

Jonathan Edwards


67%

John Calvin


67%

Charles Finney


47%

Martin Luther


40%

Paul Tillich


33%

Augustine


33%

Friedrich Schleiermacher


27%

Jürgen Moltmann


13%


No comments: