Monday, January 7, 2008

"Rainy Days and Mondays Get Me Down"

And we have both today! It's a rainy Monday in Michigan where no one blinks when the weather fluctuates. We have a saying, "If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes. It'll change."

It was freezing a couple days ago, we got almost a foot of snow last Tuesday. Friday the temperatures started to rise and kept on rising. 39 degrees when we left town at 7 a.m. Sunday. 52 degrees when we got back to town at 11 p.m. I hear we will see temps in the 60s today. Michigan. January. 60s. Crazy!

It reminds me of the year we moved to Michigan in January and I was able to wash my windows inside and out because the weather was so mild. Which helped my mental state of mind immeasurably, having moved from sunny South Florida to the continuously gray and overcast Midwest. On those brief occasions when the sun did shine, I was able to see it through my shiny clean windows. :-)

The area we're moving to in Argentina is a much sunnier clime. Yippee! They do have seasons, and they do have winters, but they are mild, mild, mild. They got snow one day this winter and it was the first time since 1999. Now, that's my kind of winter!

Of course a lot of homes there do not have central heat, so when it gets cold, so do the occupants. Most people use room heaters on an as needed basis. Having spent almost 20 years in Michigan, we are accustomed to layering when we dress, so we should be fine.

I have LOVED my mattress warming pad and am praying they have similar products there. Can't take the one from here since the electric is 220 instead of 110.

And it's not too early to start praying for a place to rent that does have central heat :-)

No comments: