Tuesday, January 22, 2008

So whatever happened to Global Warming?

I was cold all day yesterday.
We left a little before 7 a.m. and the sign at the bank said it was -2 degrees. Brrrr!
Our car doesn't really heat up well, so I took not one, but TWO blankets for the trip. Didn't help as much as I'd have liked.
Got home a little after 9 p.m. IMMEDIATELY changed into my pajamas and robe, and left my long johns on underneath. Added a second pair of socks. Turned the mattress warming pad on my side up on HIGH. Added a fleece blanket. Ahhhhh, finally, I quit shivering and felt warm and toasty.
Honestly didn't want to get out of bed this morning.
A long, hot shower followed by multiple layers of clothing succeeded in making life-outside-bed bearable.
It helps knowing I'm not alone. Pretty much everyone out there is cold, even my southern friends. So while the entire country is experiencing a deep freeze, I'm left to ponder: Whatever happened to global warming?
Because it's not only cold right now, it's going to stay cold.
Bless my hubby, who did all the outside errands today so I didn't have to. Didn't even poke my nose out the door.
Said nose was too busy buried in the four drawer filing cabinet. Time to purge those files! It was beyond simple purging, though. I completely cleared out two of the drawers, making room for things previously housed in the other file cabinet.
It took all day but the job is done.
I am filled with a great sense of accomplishment.
And two garbage bags are filled with paperwork no longer needed or wanted.

No comments: