Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Storms & Other Things Out Of Our Control

The daughter was a little worked up about something out of her control today. I sagely *ahem* pointed out that even when things don't go as we think they should, God has a purpose in it all.

Then I learned about something I was planning/counting on that has spiraled out of my control. Uh-oh

Easier said than done. My emotional equilibrium teeters on the edge. The last few days have been much better (comparatively speaking) but I'm afraid it wouldn't take much to push me back over the edge. And I'd rather not go there and repeat last week.

So just pray for a little peace of mind for both of us, will you?

Last night a storm swept through the area and treated us to quite the thunder and lightening show. The hubby and I were in the basement where you can't hear anything so we had no idea the weather was even bad until the daughter got home from work.

Weather.com showed us right smack dab in the center of the storm's path. The hubby went outside where he said it just felt weird (that calm-before-the-storm-feeling) and he could hear the weather sirens so we woke his parents and had them come down to the basement, just to be on the safe side. The worst passed over by 11:30 p.m. and they toddled back to bed although the thunder and lightening continued throughout the night.

I didn't notice any serious storm damage while out running errands today, just a little higher humidity. Ahhh, summer in the Midwest!

Tonight was slow at work so the daughter came home early, bearing gifts of fresh figs stuffed with gorgonzola and topped with fresh rosemary, caramelized shallots and pancetta. Oh.My.Word. These are SO GOOD! The hubby says maybe we can have a fig tree in Argentina. Ooo! Happy dance :-)

I'm going to help the daughter get some things ready for the tie-dyeing marathon planned for tomorrow. She's hoping to score some sales at an outdoor event this weekend to help pay for some of her books this fall. Do y'all realize how expensive college textbooks are now? They cost about as much as I used to pay for tuition! So we're praying she sells a LOT of tie-dye!

1 comment:

gemgem said...

Kim..
I am Aaron's Aunt Jewel.
I will be Praying God's strength as you do God's work & travel safety. Darlene told me to look at your great site.

Your girl Tina is so Wonderful. I wish I could see more of her.

God Bless!!! Sister Jewel