Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm pretty excited about tonight

We're going to a cafe literario for a special program on tango. Like most things, it doesn't start until 9:30 p.m. or so. My friend Graciela invited us. She's part of this literary group that meets weekly to read whatever they've written, be it poetry or prose, but tonight she promised there will also be music -- since the topic is tango. Should be fun!

It's already been a pretty full day with Spanish and art class. I finished a second painting using gesso and acrylics, based on two photos I cut up and reassembled in cubist style. I have two ideas for upcoming projects; I think first up will be the mixed media collage with bits of found objects from the kitchen and my husband's shop. I'm having a lot of fun with this art class!

I believe we are all innately creative in some way -- God made us to be creative. Bloggers write creatively. We take the everyday events of our lives and use words (sometimes lots and lots of words!) to describe those events for others. I would love to read what you consider to be the best post you've ever written. Is it sad, serious, funny, sentimental? Please join us and leave a comment with the link! 

Although we're celebrating all week, today is my actual Second Blogiversary and this is my 500th post! Such a lot has happened in the past 24 months and I've appreciated the constancy of blogging, of keeping this online journal. It's interactive nature is something I especially enjoy and know other bloggers do too. Yes, we'd probably write even if no one ever commented -- but it's really, really nice to receive feedback!

10 comments:

Mari said...

I can't believe your program tonight doesn't start till 9:30. That would never work here.
Congrats on 2 years! I'm so glad we found each other!

sara said...

wow....9:30 start?!!! I would never make it. It seems I have a body clock that turns off at 10!!

As far as your question today..it is hard to look at my writing and pick the one I think is "best". I don't really think I am a very good writer, although I do think blogging as made me better. But probably the posts that were most important to me were those written as I was losing my Aunt earlier in the year. Here is one:

http://thebowyers.blogspot.com/2009/03/late-shift.html

It was a very tough but sweet time. I miss her.

have a fun evening...drink some caffeine!

Heidi said...

500 posts?! You've got to be kidding. That is a lot to tango about- cha cha cha!

Heidi@ 2 Thinks to Share

SusanD said...

I'm with Mari and Sara....9:30 is a bit late. Did you take a nap? I would.

Two years and 500 posts. Those are impressive milestones. Praising God with you.

Blessings, SusanD

Robin Lambright said...

happy anniversary
happy anniversary
happy anniversary, haaaaaappy anniversary!

Terri Tiffany said...

Congrats to you on your anniversary!! It is a good milestone and don't we all love our blogging!!

riTa Koch said...

You are having way too much fun sufferin' for Jesus ;)! So glad you're enjoying your art class. Now that sounds more like you.
Yes, creativity is of God!

Well, it was too hard to pick a favorite post, but here is one that tell about me and those tagged did not all follow through. Maybe this time...http://meemaw-rita.blogspot.com/2008/09/taggged.html

Betty Manousos said...

Congrats on your anniversary!!!
I 've been browsing and I liked what I saw. You have a candy eye blog!
Have a nice weekend!

Sarah said...

Congrats on your blog-versary and 500 posts! Goodness, I think I'm only at 35! And delighted to meet you today. Your creative spunk blesses me more than you could know. And I too delight in the international adventures that God marks for our little family.

Blessings from this missionary mommy,
Sarah Dawn

Robin Lambright said...

Some of my favorite post are those in which I completely loose my mind and then I feel compelled to share my insanity with the entire world. I mean seriously why waste a mental break from reality when you can share with the blogosphere. Isn't that what blogging is all about!!!

http://rlambright.blogspot.com/2009/02/please-sir-may-i-have-some-more.html

http://rlambright.blogspot.com/2008/05/if-i-only-had-brain.html

Shalom
Robin