The internet is very sketchy due to a thunderstorm so I'm going to try and answer the Random Dozen questions and post before it quits altogether.
1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like? The cowardly lion. I'm not just afraid of heights, I'm paralyzed by them.
2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why? Pants (or capris). No particular reason, it's just how I operate.
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without? Do insects count? I'd do away with the whole lot of 'em.
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home? One. Considering that my husband would be happy if we set out a dish of Christmas candy and called it good, I'm grateful for that one tree.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it mean you didn't have to feel a heartbreak? Ummm, no.
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression? How about holiday suppression? (Trying to keep the merry making to a minimum.)
7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music? The early years. Absolutely adored the Jackson Five. Some of his later stuff is okay.
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma? Good dental care -- including cosmetic work -- seems like more of an investment; them choppers come in handy when it's time to chow down! But actually cosmetic surgery is much more widely accepted here: "Estimates say that 1 in 30 Argentines has gone under the knife, making surgeons here some of the most experienced on the globe." That's a quote from an article about a former Miss Argentina who died Sunday after buttock reduction surgery.
[The Argentine affection for plastic surgery is one cultural aspect I won't be adapting to; this southern girl will continue to proudly wear the wrinkles God gave her.]
9. Enjoy horseback riding? Used to but not anymore. Scoliosis plus a little arthritis thrown in for good measure make riding not-so-fun any more. In junior high I rode almost every Saturday and for a brief and happy time owned my own horse, Pecos.
10. Shoes--practical or stylish? Just last night while we were window shopping in Belgrano I commented that I love looking at pretty shoes and admiring them, I just don't like them on my feet. There it's ALL about comfort! I brought three pair of new Rebok Princesses to Argentina with me, one for each year of this first term. I'll restock on furlough for the next term.
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic. Peewee was a cockapoo, black and shaggy and never properly groomed. Don't have a photo but just imagine a giant black dust mop.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done? Zero.
I'd love to stay and chat but I want to get this posted while I can. Or hope I can.
Check out Lid's place to see how others answered this week's questions.