Which may explain why I'm SO excited to finally participate in Linda's Random Dozen Meme.
Memes that help us get to know one another other better are always fun. Blogs in general are fun. I read a really great post on my SIL's blog yesterday and learned some things I didn't know -- and I've been part of the family for a very long time.
On with the questions!
1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie. At home, in your p.j.s, munching on all your favorite snack foods AND with people who don't mind that you like to discuss the actors and plot (or lack thereof), predict what comes next or dis what just happened -- basically, provide a running commentary throughout. For some reason that bugs a lot of people. But it's what I do.
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be? Um, no.
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker? I love giving, sharing, doing and find it generally easier to be on the giving end. Right now, because of the situation, I feel like I'm doing a lot more taking. There's so much I cannot do because of the language barrier, health issues, etc. so I have had to depend on others to a much greater extent than I'm comfortable with, but it's where God has put me right now. You think maybe He's trying to teach me to let go of some of the control issues?
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear? Definitely prefer having a plan because without one, nothing much seems to happens. But I'm married to a man who loves the spontaneous and scorns schedules. Have been trying to let go (it's one of those pesky control issues) and just "wing it" but can't say I'm altogether comfortable with the whole concept yet. Would love to hear from other couples like us who have come up with a solution!
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly? Only ONE?! Seriously? One?! Okay, let's go with windows. No, no. Not windows because if they were clean people would see all the other overlooked items. On the other hand, that might motivate me to take care of those things too... So yeah, let's stick with the windows.
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you. That people would know Jesus. When you have Jesus, the other things fall into place.
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly? P.B. and bananas is the preferred sandwich with a thin coat of peanut butter and thick slices of banana. Sometimes a little smear of homemade jam or jelly is good too. But not always.
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous? I don't think I would be -- we're friends! But when I am nervous, I have a hard time talking coherently, walking without mishap, and blushing a brilliant red if I'm particularly nervous. Of course even when I'm not nervous I have a hard time talking coherently and walking without mishap; nervousness merely makes them more pronounced. And these days the hot flashes replicate the brilliant red blush while doing nothing more than standing by myself in the kitchen peeling potatoes.
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies? Basic.
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog? That's why they have the delete function. I've also regretted a few comments on other blogs because later it occurs to me, "Oh my, what will they think? I didn't mean that the way it sounds at all!" I can't do the funny and when I try it generally comes out all wrong and not funny at all.
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree? No but I've been told numerous times that I remind people of other people they know. Kinda scary, thinking how many Kim-alikes could be running around out there in the world.
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
To Ivan, mi cariño.