Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Creak, Creak, Groan

That's how I sounded getting out of bed this morning. I ache in places I'd forgotten I had. After a day of cleaning and painting we have barely scratched the surface. And have come to several conclusions:

1) This house is dirtier than we thought.

2) We are older and slower than we used to be.

3) Expectations have been lowered DRASTICALLY due to #1 and #2. We will now be happy if we can finish the bedrooms and the kitchen this week.

4) Not bringing a lot of furniture is turning into a blessing. Little furniture = more clear space so it won't be difficult to paint the bathroom, living and dining rooms next week when the hubby returns with the container.

And that is all I have for today. I am going to take my creaking bones and groan my way back to the house for another torturous fun day of cleaning and paint.

No comments: