Saturday, March 7, 2009

It was the best of times, it was the...

This has been one of the best as well as one of the toughest weeks since we arrived in Argentina.

Best because we had our annual missionary field conference...a great time with our fellow workers from Argentina and Uruguay and we were blessed by POWERFUL teaching on prayer by Dr. John Talley, all while enjoying some incredibly beautiful scenery.

Toughest because physically I'm just flat wiped out. I struggle with how much to share at times. There are a few men who read this and while I don't go on and on about women's issues, inevitably things come up because I am a woman. The last thing you need when you're anemic is heavy blood loss (13 LOOOONG days) topped off with a spectacular bout of IBS. Thankfully I made it to all the sessions but it was necessary to rest between every.single.one.

Thursday was the longest day but also the most fun with the annual Skit & Song program at night. And in the afternoon we had our traditional Ladies Tea. This year my co-worker and I were in charge so I had an opportunity to use my teacup collection.
Bringing it to Argentina was something I waffled on for a couple of years until another missionary said, "If you really love something, bring it because you'll find ways to use it." I really enjoy my teacup collection and am so glad we brought it! We had tea on the second floor veranda with this incredible view... Once everything was set up, I relaxed and enjoyed the laughter (and chocolate) shared with dear friends.
We arrived home close to lunch time and the laundry marathon is in full swing. We've been playing the bus-or-plane-shuffle with the folks from Uruguay and the U.S. And the small trailer we shipped in the container has proved invaluable as we shuttle luggage as well as people. Another item we're very glad we brought!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I hope you are feeling better.

Mari said...

I was thinking about you yesterday, and missing your posts. It sounds like you had fun but I'm sorry you are still having issues. I hope you are taking iron! What a nice way to use your teacup collection!

sara said...

Sounds like a good week with friends!! I love the tea cups. I have a small collection too!

Debbie said...

I am so sad to hear that your health hasn't gotten much better. Maybe you need a nice vacation in Tennessee?