Monday, October 6, 2008

Estoy Muy Cansada

It bears repeating: I am very tired. What a day!

The truck arrived about 11 a.m. and the man with the fork lift came right over. Within the hour all the pallets were off the container and mostly in the garage. An hour later everything was in and we stopped for lunch. I haven't told y'all about Junior B's yet but I'll just mention that it's only one block from our house. Junior B pizza and Coke soon restored our energy and back to work we went...

Nothing goes without a hitch :-) Our co-worker wanted to help hubby put the bed together but we could not locate the transformer. Which we really needed to run the pump and inflate the air chambers for the mattress. It wasn't on the pallet it was supposed to be, nor any other pallet that we could find. The guys tore apart several in our search. I'm sure we're overlooking it and will find it. Eventually.

But in the interest of time our co-worker ran home, brought his transformer back and before long we had a bed. Yeah! A little more searching and we had sheets and pillows. But where was the mattress pad? Couldn't find it anywhere so went ahead and made the bed. Then kept searching for bathroom necessities. And found the mattress pad. Yes, I remade the bed. Wouldn't you? Never found the quilted spread either but after sleeping in twin beds for almost two months I am SO ready to sleep in our comfy bed together tonight!

You'd think with seven shower curtains in my possession, I could find one but you'd be wrong. But I did come across a liner and for now that will do. In the interest of full disclosure I'll admit it was no trouble finding a towel. Because I have a multitude. Toward the end of our time in the states I compulsively bought just about every white towel I saw on sale. I don't have an exact number because I quit counting. It was just too embarrassing. But not so embarrassing that I hesitate to share it with the world at large.

Blogger is being obstinate tonight and won't allow me to post any more photos so you can't see the mess I currently call my house or the comfy bed just waiting for me to crawl into it. I'm sure you're beyond disappointed.

For some reason a song from "Three Men And A Baby" keeps running through my head. So I leave you with...

Good night sweetheart, well it's time to go. Goodnight sweetheart, well it's time to go. I hate to leave you but I've got to say, Goodnight sweetheart, goodnight!

4 comments:

Cristina Elizabeth said...

Well, you've got a project on your hands... The joy of unpacking!

Jenniferbuehrer said...

now I have the song in my head!

riTa Koch said...

Muy cansada--con razón!
Pero contenta, ¿no?

Skoots1moM said...

praying for a wonderful night's sleep...you worked so hard. unpacking is so time consuming...wish i could help!

we're starting to have a little cooler weather and are expecting some rain tomorrow, thank you, Jesus! it's been a long hot summer.
have a great wednesday!!!