Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Queen of Zip Locks


I love me some zip locks in all sizes. And I do mean ALL sizes! Wishing I'd brought more with me 'cause can't find them all here, only the quart and gallon sizes. Back in the U.S. I had snack, sandwich, quart, gallon, gallon and a half, two gallon and MONGO size zip locks.

Zip locks are great for everything from bits of nuts, dried fruit, spices and other food ingredients (if you like to shop at the health food store) to assorted keys and other items usually found in the junk drawer. They are good for storing the vegies and salad fixings after you get said items home from the store and wash them before putting them in the fridge. Zip locks can be used to store ANYTHING in the kitchen (or other room of the house).

You could store half of Manhattan in the ginormous bags...or at least the 10 pounds of whole wheat flour you bought through the co-op. And it's easier to open a zip lock than pry the lid off a large metal can. Just sayin'.

And that's my contribution for Works For Me Wednesday: The Kitchen Organization Edition over at Rocks In My Dryer. Hop on over there for ideas on how to sharpen your organizing skilz!

3 comments:

Marlene McGarrity said...

My sweetie loves his zip locks too. We have a shelf of boxes with ziplocks.

Kathy C. said...

I have a ziplock fetish as well, LOL. I love the snack size ones!

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

We use Ziplock's for everything and I saw last night on TV, that they have come out with a new one that you can extract all the air out of for freezing. I will be buying some as soon as I can get to the grocery store.